Thank you to all the applicants. We have filled the open position.
The World Affairs Council Tacoma (WACT) is looking for an Executive Assistant who is independent and self-motivated. This part-time position pays $20/hour and is generally 16 hours/month, typically working from home. Ideally this individual is interested in international affairs, able to attend board meetings every other month and monthly executive committee meetings, both at 8AM in downtown Tacoma. We are looking for a self-starter, comfortable working with minimal supervision. If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be open until filled. If you have questions, please email to the same address.
World Affairs Council Board of Directors
- Managing the day-to-day administrative operations of the World Affairs Council (email, phones, mail pick-up).
- Organizing and maintaining digital files and records.
- Planning and scheduling meetings and appointments.
- Preparing and editing correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Providing quality customer service.
- Familiarity in managing a web content management system for editing/creating web pages.
- Familiarity in email marketing platforms (ConstantContact, etc.)
- Familiarity in tracking membership in a membership management system.
- Comfort with invoicing and tracking payments.
- A strong command of the Microsoft Office Software suite.
- Comfort in manipulating/converting digital files.
- Experience with graphic design or the ability to become proficient in the use of a service like canva.com.
- Experience managing donor/sponsor relationships.
- Experience reaching out and interacting directly with high-ranking governmental and corporate personnel or their staff
- Experience managing a web content management system for editing/creating web pages.
- Experience with social media management.
- Experience in accounting.
An associate’s degree or 2-4 years of administrative support experience.