World Affairs Council of Tacoma located at 950 Pacific Avenue, Suite 310, Tacoma, WA 98402.
2. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
By participating, Entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules (“Rules”) and the Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) set forth below, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to interpret and apply these Rules and Terms in its sole discretion, and to modify or terminate the Sweepstakes at any time. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY; A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Board Members of Sponsor, their affiliates and subsidiaries, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
4. HOW TO ENTER
a. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes Period starts March 27, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST) and ends April 10, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. PST. Sponsor controls the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
b. To Enter: One (1) ‘Travel WACT’ post will appear on each of WACT’s Instagram and Facebook feeds (a “Sweepstakes Post”) inviting entry into the Sweepstakes. To enter the Sweepstakes, log into your Instagram or Facebook account, access the WACT page on Instagram (www.instagram.com/wactacoma) or on Facebook (www.facebook.com/wactacoma), “Tag a friend in the comments” on the Sweepstakes Post, and “Follow” @WACTacoma on Instagram or Facebook to receive one entry into the drawing.
c. If a prospective Entrant is not already a member of Instagram or Facebook, he or she may visit http://www.instagram.com or http://www.facebook.com and follow the links and instructions to become a member. Once the eligible Entrant has become an active Instagram or Facebook member, the Entrant may enter the Sweepstakes by visiting http://www.instagram.com/wactacoma or http://www.facebook.com/wactacoma.
d. Limit one entry per person/Instagram and Facebook account. You may not enter multiple times using multiple Instagram or Facebook accounts. No robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries (collectively “automated entries”). Automated entries, or multiple entries by the same person/Facebook account, will be disqualified.
e. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes shall be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Instagram. By entering you agree to these Official Rules.
f. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, misdirected, or delayed entries. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. No mechanical reproductions or facsimiles of entries allowed. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. PRIZE DETAILS AND RELATED TERMS
a. One (1) prize will be awarded. One (1) prize winner will be chosen from completed entries on Sponsor’s Facebook and Instagram accounts.
b. One (1) winner you will receive two (2) tickets, for the winner and a guest, on Alaska Airlines to any destination agreed upon by the airline and within their flight destinations to be booked by October 4, 2019.
c. The approximate Retail Value (ARV) is: $2,650.
6. RESTRICTIONSThe travel authorization (certificate) is valid for roundtrip, coach-class flights from the Alaska Airlines serviced airport closest to the winner’s home. Mileage PlanTM Miles cannot be earned or credited. First Class paid upgrades and Mileage Plan upgrades are allowed. Connections are also allowed (subject to fare rules) Standard baggage fees apply; see our checked baggage policy and flight schedules at http://www.alaskaair.com for more details. Individual travel taxes may apply. Once ticketed, fare rules apply regarding changes to itinerary. The certificate is void if bartered or sold. If lost, the certificate may not be reissued. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes. Meals, gratuities, transportation to and from Winner’s home or hotel and the airports, rental car, incidentals, optional entertainment, departure taxes, customs and agriculture fees (if applicable), hotel stays and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the Prizes are nonrefundable and nontransferable. The prizes may not be replaceable if lost, damaged or stolen. Winner and Guest must be 18 years of age or older as of the date of departure, or the Winner must be the guest’s parent or legal guardian.
7. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATIONPrize winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all Entries received during the sweepstakes period. The drawings will be held on or around 10:00 am (PST) on April 12, 2019 by the Sponsor or a party acting on its behalf, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The Winner will be notified by direct message via the entry platform submitted, as outlined in Rules. Winner will be required to send an email to the email address provided in the direct message with their contact information within ten (10) hours of such notification and a valid identification or the prize will be forfeited. No liability is assumed for any Winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential Winner for any reason. If Winner cannot travel during the times specified by the airline provider, Winner cannot accept the Prize and a substitute Winner will be selected. Travel expenses other than what is specified above is not provided by Sponsor.
8. ODDS OF WINNINGOdds of winning the drawing will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
9. CONTENT RESTRICTIONSEntrants must not include any of the following content (the "Content Restrictions") in any entry: (a) pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material; (b) materials relating to lotteries or gambling; (c) explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities; (d) content in violation of intellectual property rights or laws; (e) libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortious or slanderous materials; (f) content that denigrates, disparages or reflects negatively on Sponsor; (g) tobacco, alcohol or drugs; (h) dangerous stunts; (i) real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives or projectiles; (j) material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis protected by federal, state, territory, provincial or local law, ordinance, or regulation; (k) individuals under legal age of majority without providing a signed release from parent or legal guardian; (l) audio and/or visual content owned by any third party (e.g., recorded music; pre-produced video, etc.); and (m) material that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state/territory/province where the entry is created. Any entry that does not comply with the foregoing, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will be disqualified.
11. TAXESAny valuation of the Prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the Prizes will be taxable to Winners as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prizes not specifically provided for in these official rules are solely each individual Winner's responsibility. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each Prize Winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification and a signed IRS Form W-9 before his/her Prize will be awarded. United States residents that win $600 or more in Prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. You must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
12. OTHER CONDITIONSBy participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects and are subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Official Rules, or (c) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsor. In the event of modification or suspension, Sponsor shall award the Prizes to Winners to be selected as potential winners and verified for eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules in a random drawing from among the uncorrupted eligible entries received. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Twitter, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities' employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the "Released Parties"), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any Prize (or portion thereof) or participation in any Sweepstakes-related travel or other activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries/mail which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address used to join the social media account through which the entry was submitted. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Additional restrictions may apply. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE; THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Winners’ names will be available upon request. Send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: World Affairs Council, c/o Marketing Team – Broaden Your World Giveaway, 950 Pacific Avenue, Suite 310, Tacoma, WA 98402.
Notice to individuals; removal from mailing list. Any individual (or other duly authorized person) may elect to exclude the name and address of that individual from all lists used by Sponsor related to the Sweepstakes. To elect to omit all such lists, submit a removal request in writing to:World Affairs Council of Tacoma located at 950 Pacific Avenue, Suite 310, Tacoma, WA 98402. This notification system may be used to prohibit mailing of all Sweepstakes by Sponsor to such individual.
14. DISPUTE RESOLUTIONExcept where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.